Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)
The HARP program is for any homeowner who has been unable to get a traditional refinance because the value of their home has decreased. You must be current on your mortgage payments as well. HARP refinance loans still have the same underwriting and application processes and fees as other refinances. Your home may be eligible for HARP if you meet all of the following criteria:
- The mortgage must be owned or guaranteed by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.
- The mortgage must have been sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009.
- The mortgage cannot have been refinanced under HARP previously unless it is a Fannie Mae loan that was refinanced under HARP from March-May, 2009.
- The borrower must be current on the mortgage at the time of the refinance, with a good payment history in the past 12 months.
Most homeowners don’t know who their mortgage is owned by, that’s okay, you can find out at the websites below:
- If your loan is owned by Freddie Mac, you may check your potential eligibility for HARP here.
- If your loan is owned by Fannie Mae, you may check your potential eligibility for HARP here.
You can call us or email us through the Contact Us link on our website anytime and we can help you determine if HARP is right for you. We have helped a lot of people make their mortgage payments more affordable through this program. It’s worth a quick conversation today.